Geologic Hazards Effecting the Homeowner|
What Are Some of The Warning Signs of Home Distress?
- Effect property and home values, livability, depreciation, safety
- Undisclosed problems could end up in lawsuits
- Property owner with originating land movements are responsible
Out-of-square door and window frames
- Sticking doors
- Sloping floors
- Cracks in foundations, walls and slabs
- Open ground cracks in yard areas
- Landslides, soil slumps
- Undermined footings, tilting/separated floor support posts
- Signs of soil moisture, ponding, moss, white solution deposits, natural water loving plants
What to Do?
Jim Glomb Geotechnical & Environmental Consulting, Inc.
- Identify the problems and likely causes in a geotechnical evaluation
- Determine relative severity and relative cost of mitigation
- Perform geotechnical investigation for repair design criteria
- Resupport distressed foundations, walls and slabs by underpinning/ removal and/or regrading
- Repair unstable slopes by regrading
- Improve drainage systems to capture/contain/convey surface and subsurface water
152 Weeks Way, Sebastopol, CA 95472
www.jimglomb.com, email: email@example.com
Office 707-237-2703, Cell 707-696-1415, Fax# 707-237-2659